Pra Gru (or sometimes spelled ‘Pra Kru, or ‘Phra Kru’), is the Thai name for an amulet from a secret hiding place where Sacred Thai Amulets are buried. Guru Masters make amulets and sometimes bury them without telling the public, or sometimes they are simply forgotten about over the years.
Then, after time, due to the passage of time, humidity and weather change (or some people believe due to Miracles), the ‘Gru’ will break open and reveal that it is a hiding place for something (amulets). This will almost always be within the temple grounds. When this happens, the Gru will be cordoned off, and investigated. Once the amulets have been found and cataloged, they will be either distributed or will be kept for posterity, depending on their numbers and rarity/historical importance.
This page will begin to cover the various occasions of ‘Dtaek Gru’ which have been documented, and will be constantly added to as new info is acquired. Links to pages on each different edition of Pra Gru secret hiding place amulets will appear here below as as they are made.
- Nang Prai, Phii Thai – Thai Ghosts and Devas
- Pra Gru Dtaek – Amulet from secret hiding places
- Ajarn Somrach Amulets- Run Maha Baramee Prataat Chedi 2553
- Dtamra Bia Gae Luang Phu Juea – Wat Klang Bang Gaew
- Pra Kring Niramit Choke amulets 2554 Luang Por Jaran – Wat Ampawan
- Nam Montr – How to Make Holy Prayer Water
- Bucha Jao Ngo Pah Deity